Due to rapid growth, Superloop/ Exetel is looking to recruit a Senior Network Engineer to start as soon as possible, responsible to ensure the efficient and effective operation of Superloop’s optical transmission networks.
Our Networks team are the architects of our networks, enabling connectivity. They design, install and maintain production networks to ensure maximum performance and availability to our customers.
Our Exetel office is located at CBD Business Centre in Colombo 01 with working times from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. to cater to our Australian clients.
- Technical ownership of Superloop’s DWDM Optical Transmission networks, including coherent transponders, muxponders, fixed grids, colorless multiplexers, ROADMs, optical protection switches, EDFA line amplifiers, and other supporting infrastructure.
- Develop the Optical Transmission networks’ architecture and design including proof-of-concept testing and validation, deployment, provisioning, upgrades, capacity planning, and optimization/consolidation.
- Resolve optical transmission physical and logical network issues.
- Act as the final technical support for Optical Transmission trouble tickets escalated from the Superloop NOC.
- Maintain the Optical Transmission networks’ technical documentation.
- Manage global hardware sparing and supplier/vendor support contracts.
- Carry out network migrations and decommissioning.
- Participate in the 24×7 on-call roster system.
- Ensure effective controls, processes and contingency plans are in place by completing network risk assessments
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong understanding of IPv4 and IPv6 fundamentals.
- Excellent knowledge of coherent DWDM transmission systems, including optical line characteristics, link engineering, and optimization.
- Good knowledge of ROADM/WSS and passive multiplexing.
- Good knowledge of Ethernet technologies & physical layer media.
- Excellent knowledge of OTN protocols, i.e.. OTU2, OTU2e, OTU4, ODUFlex, etc.
- Working knowledge of SDH/SONET protocols, i.e. STM64/OC192, 10GE WAN-PHY, etc.
- Ability to work without supervision in a team environment.
- Strong customer service ethic and project management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
The following would be advantageous:
- Minimum 3 years of experience operating DWDM Optical Transmission networks.
- Minimum 3 years experience working in a service provider environment.
- Good working knowledge of static and dynamic IP routing, e.g. OSPF, BGP.
- CCNA certification or equivalent experience
An attractive above-market remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate based on their individual experience and qualifications.