Due to rapid growth, Superloop/ Exetel is looking to recruit a Senior Network Engineer to start as soon as possible, responsible to ensure the smooth operation of the Superloop global network by building, supporting, and maintaining all devices and services.
Our Networks team is the architects of our networks, enabling connectivity. They design, install and maintain production networks to ensure maximum performance and availability to our customers.
Our Exetel office is located at CBD Business Centre in Colombo 01 with working times from 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. to cater to our Australian clients.
- Configure, stage, and build network devices for installation into Superloop POPs
- Migration of existing services onto newly installed infrastructure
- Respond to tickets escalated by the Superloop NOC
- Liaise with customers and suppliers to ensure timely resolution of faults and inquiries
- Complete allocated projects to agreed timelines
- Participate in the 24×7 on-call roster system
- Develop and conduct proactive maintenance activities
- Document and maintain network diagrams
- Ensure effective controls, processes, and contingency plans are in place
- Manage internal relationships with Network Operators, Provisioning Engineers, and Pre-Sales teams
- Adhere to all company and workplace health and safety guidelines
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Telecommunications or related discipline
- Minimum 6 years experience in networking or IT-related role
- Sound knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 networks
- Sound understanding of ethernet switching technologies
- Good understanding of IP routing and forwarding
- Ability to work without supervision and in a team environment
- Strong customer service ethic and project management skills
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written)
- CCNP or equivalent experience will be highly regarded
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate based on their individual experience and qualifications.