Exetel Communication (Pvt) Ltd is looking for VoIP/PABX engineers to work on cloud PBX systems and on other VOIP systems based on Asterisk & Open SIP. You will be responsible for providing first-level technical support for Exetel’s corporate VOIP customers, which involves setting up new business VOIP systems and troubleshooting them.
You will work with a team of VoIP engineers based in the Colombo office to provide technical support for Australian customers, and with other talented telephone system developers in Australia to continue the development of innovative and world-leading telephone PABX systems.
As a VoIP Engineer, your work will involve:
- Acting as the first point of contact for Exetel VoIP customers via calls and emails
- Plan and configure call flows per customer’s requirements for the company-offered UC platform and the FreePBX solution
- Troubleshooting VoIP-related issues, dealing with upstream carriers if necessary, and working with the Team
- Handling Provisioning and service delivery of VoIP services and Migration projects when assigned
- Handling Exetel Number Porting, organizing/following up on orders, bookings, and cutovers along with testing ported numbers prior to client handoff when required
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Excellent Asterisk/SIP-based VoIP product knowledge and good knowledge about SIP protocol, sniffing tools like Wireshark, and Networking.
- Asterisk /Linux/Voice product-based certifications will be an added advantage.
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- 2 years of Telecommunications/Networking experience, preferably in the service provider environment
- IT/Engineering degree or equivalent
- Excellent personal and written English communication skills
- Should be willing to work in Shifts (3 am-12 pm, 8.30 am-6.30 pm, and weekends)
- Experience in VoIP products will be an added advantage
Remuneration will be based on experience and qualifications but will not be less than Rs. 90,000.