SALARY: Rs. 85,000 – 100,000 + Benefits
One of our prestigious clients in Australia who is into “Investment & Wealth Management”, is looking for an experienced “Junior Accountant” to join their team in Sri Lanka immediately.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ownership of balance sheet and month-end reconciliations (full month-end process).
- General ledger and maintenance of Xero accounting system.
- Oversee all accounts payable activities.
- Responsible for finalizing month-end results – P&L & Balance Sheet.
- Monitor cash flow and prepare forecasts.
- Partner with CFO, providing commercial acumen and decision support.
- Providing ad-hoc analysis when required, revenue reconciliations & cost-containment initiatives.
- Facilitate in local budgeting process and forecasting and operational reporting.
- Accounting reporting and company forecasting through Xero supporting the management team (CFO and CIO).
- Maintaining the P&L for one private family client.
Qualification & Experience
- A degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting is preferred.
- Certified Accountant. (CIMA)
- At least 1-3 years of work experience in a similar role or as a Financial Analyst.
- International corporate experience is preferred.
- Proficient in MS Excel and SME accounting packages such as Xero.
- Basic understanding of local tax returns (Australia) inclusive of GST, BAS.
- Must have the ability to manage different time zones and communicate effectively, especially with C-level management.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, and time management skills.
- Analytical, critical thinker with a problem-solving attitude.
- Professional, self-confident, and team player with great interpersonal skills.