We’re looking for a junior Business Development Researcher to help build a pipeline of procurement opportunities for FreeBalance in the global Public Financial Management (PFM) market. As a Business Development Researcher, you will be responsible for daily online research to identify new opportunities for FreeBalance. Opportunities are identified through multiple government procurement and tender sites and from other publicly available sources of information. All opportunities and leads will need to be compiled using Google Sheets and recorded in Zoho (CRM). All opportunities and leads must be researched fully to help the capture and business development teams evaluate the quality and fit for the company and determine the next steps in the pursuit.
The work as Business Development Researcher will be varied, however, the primary function will be to provide research support within the Capture Management Team.
- Research targeted country websites for tenders and procurement opportunities
- Identify opportunities through daily review of digital media and internet sources
- Identify appropriate contacts for each organization or opportunity researched
- Track opportunities in Zoho (CRM) or Google Sheets with detail and contacts
- Produce management reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Qualify opportunities and gather information by email or phone as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent English language editing and writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant technical field
- Experience with online research and analysis
- Experience in lead generation or business development
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and G Suite applications
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organization skills
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. FreeBalance is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce to increase the representation of the designated groups based on each country’s legislation. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective labor law throughout all stages of the recruitment process.