We are looking for a dynamic and dedicated front-end developer to work specifically on user experience projects within our in-house web development team on a full-time basis, based in our Colombo office.
This role is not a software development role, we are seeking someone who has experience in designing, creating, and building front-end interfaces that meet our customer needs.
You will be part of an international team – supporting the head of the department based in London and supervising the work of two junior web developers based in Sri Lanka. The ability to communicate effectively, work autonomously and be confident with being managed virtually is essential for this role.
You will have a range of responsibilities including:
• Updating and maintaining existing websites using our large-scale CMS (Sitefinity)
• Working with the head of web development and wider marketing team on design and specification of new user experience projects
• Creating new websites, online platforms, and microsites and from the design stage through to fully functional responsive websites
• Working alongside our software development team on collaborative projects and troubleshooting website errors
• Supervising the work of two junior developers
We are looking for candidates with the following key skills and experience required
• A passion for web innovation and an eagerness to learn
• A readiness to embrace and use new approaches and to keep up to date with industry advances
• Excellent understanding of Bootstrap, Flexbox, and other mobile-first responsive development methodologies
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to produce pixel-perfect code
• Understanding of REST APIs and SOAP web services
• Experience using Visual Studio Code and GIT version control
• Experience working with large scale CMS’s
• Excellent communication skills and fluent in English
• Thorough understanding of the Microsoft Office suite
• Able to work autonomously, managing your own workload and working to deadlines
• Able to supervise the work and provide feedback to junior developers
• Able to use own initiative to find solutions to problems
We would be interested if candidates have any of the following desirable skills
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and preparing assets for the web
• Awareness of or experience using Sitefinity CMS
• Experience using Google Analytics to analyze and report on-site behavior
• Understanding of the principles of web accessibility
• An interest in creative design and animation
Please let us know if you speak an additional language such as Spanish, Mandarin, or Arabic.
The offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references including a police report.
There will be a competitive remuneration package on offer which includes after probation period:
• A friendly work environment and training throughout the career path
• Medical benefits
• Insurance Cover
• Travel Allowance
• Sports club allowance