Sydpro is Australia’s premier remote staffing provider with a satellite office in Colombo, Sri Lanka that began operations in 2014 with the aim of contributing
meaningfully to the value of our clients.
One of our clients in Australia is seeking a “Software Engineer (Odoo)”, who likes to come up with new ideas for improvement and innovation.
The right individual will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment alongside a team of experienced professionals. The selected candidate should be flexible to work for Australian working hours.
About the role
Opportunity to providing ERP and related solutions to client’s internal customers, and, in time, external customers. Working substantially within Odoo, an open-source framework, you will be responsible for the development of ERP and Web solutions including contact with internal stakeholders to gather requirements/business rules.
With a solid track record of software development projects, you will be well versed in the whole life-cycle of software and be up to date with modern development techniques and practices.
Ideally, you will have a passion for new technologies with an ability to play across the entire technology stack.
Essential Skills and Experience;
• Strong experience with Python
• An ability to understand and analyze Business Requirements and write detailed specifications
• 3+ years’ experience in software development
• Experience with an ORM framework, such as Odoo, Django, or similar
• An eye for UX design
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Strong written and spoken English skills
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Experience with Odoo, preferably as a Developer
• Experience building APIs
• Knowledge of Design Patterns and an appreciation of frameworks and templates
• Test-Driven Development
• Query development in SQL, particularly PostgreSQL
• Some experience in dealing with end customers
• Experience with source control systems
Other skills and experiences that would be a distinct advantage
• An eye for design and layout aesthetics
• Linux administration
• SSL certificates, including CSR generation, certificate deployment, certificate chains
• SMTP configuration
• Experience designing secure applications
• Exposure to CI/CD Pipeline
But we are not limited by this — feel free to bring your ideas and other experiences to our team. This really is a fantastic opportunity to work with a global leading-edge product in an exciting technical environment.
An attractive salary package awaits the right candidate
T.P : 011 2809 808
No. 135, Level 02,