Closing on: Dec 9, 2021
- Drafting Plaints, Answers, Statements of Objections, Written Submissions and other legal documents, and protect the Bank from potential risk by ensuring that relevant legal documentation is in order.
- Appear in courts as instructing attorney on behalf of the bank within the Western Province including outstation courts as and when required.
- Liaise with external lawyers and obtain timely information of the cases and take necessary steps in Cases handled by external lawyers.
- Provide legal opinions relating to legal actions as and when requested by other departments and branches.
- Update and maintain case registers on a daily basis, discuss and report on the progress of the court cases with the Manager Litigation including follow up work with court registry for journal entries and proceedings etc.
- Should be an Attorney at Law with a minimum of 04 years experience.
- Possession of Notarial license in English and sound knowledge in conveyancing.
- Should be Computer Literate coupled with good Public Relations skills and be able to communicate efficiently in both English and Sinhala.
- Ability to draft/prepare Legal documents and Deeds/Mortgage Bonds independently.
- Previous experience in the Commercial banking sector would be an added advantage